Literacy Collaborative Professional Learning
Literacy Coach Training
Intensive professional learning (230 hours) across 12-15 months that prepares a literacy coach to implement the Literacy Collaborative Framework in a school. Literacy Coaches develop the capacity to train other teachers on-site at the building level through professional development and coaching.
- 2020-21 Primary, Intermediate, and Middle Level Literacy Coach Application | Costs (PDF)
- 2019-20 Cross-Training Coach Application | Cross-Training Costs (PDF)
LC District Coach Training
Literacy Leader Academy (open to principals, superintendents, and curriculum specialists)
- Six Days — Oct 6-7, Nov 17-18, & Dec 1-2, 2020 | $1,300
Literacy Leader Academy is designed for administrators, superintendents and curriculum leaders in Literacy Collaborative schools or those considering joining the Literacy Collaborative network.
Study the key role of the principal, how children learn to read and write, ways to support the Literacy Coach, how to quickly appraise the classroom environment, and how to increase student achievement. Learn to use evaluation tools that will help you monitor progress in teaching and learning as you support implementation of Literacy Collaborative.
- Literacy Leader Academy Brochure
- Upcoming ProfessionalLearning Offerings & Registration (PDF)
- Begin registration — All prices are subject to change.
Professional Learning (open to current LC affiliated Literacy Coaches)
- Primary Professional Learning.
- Intermediate & Middle Level Professional Learning
Professional Learning (open to all schools)
- On-Site Professional Development
- District Level Support
- Single Site Visit
Responsive Literacy Framework
ONLINE: Intermediate (3-8) — Begin your literacy professional development here! ($980)
- June 2-4, 2020
Intended as an overview of responsive literacy practices, this series of sessions offers professional learning modules that may be viewed alongside other registered colleagues or independently at your leisure and live virtual sessions that will also be recorded and available afterward. Sessions will introduce instructional contexts, including: Interactive Read Aloud, Reading Workshop, Writing Workshop, Guided Reading, and Word Study. Designed for 2-6+ educators. School/district administrators are encouraged to attend with their literacy teams. Detailed RLF information is available here.
- Responsive Literacy: A Comprehensive Framework, Scharer P.L. (Scholastic, 2018);
- The Fountas and Pinnell Literacy Continuum, Expanded Edition